NGK8 is an Eisenmann project that involved the construction in Dabrowa Gornicza, Poland, of a new factory for the heat treatment of ceramic filters used in the automotive field at the car exhaust system. During the project, Eltrex performed electrical automation installations for 3 production lines, individually consisting of 4 kilns: 2 electric Kilns (Sintering) and 2 gas kilns (Roller Kiln and Debindering). Each of these 3 groups has in its component conveyors – the transport mechanism of the raw material.
The Eltrex team carry out both components of the project: the process part consisting of 6 electrical panels and the conveyor part consisting of 8 electrical panels for each production line.
To complete this project, 80000 m of cables with conductor sections between 0.25 mm and 150 mm, including profinet and optical fiber used to connect:
• Resistors for heating electric kilns
• Electrical motors, both in the process part (fans) and in the conveyor part (motors that engage the movement mechanism of the conveyors)
• Burners for gas kilns
• Devices that control the technological process (differential pressure switches, thermocouples, pressure sensors, ventilation systems flaps, solenoid valves that control the flow of air and gas – in the combustion process)
• Sensors for monitoring the technological process
• Proximity sensors that minimize the probability of accidents during production