Recently we completed the modernization of 12 gas kilns for heat treatment of brake pads for a customer in the automotive industry. The work consisted in the design and execution of automation cabinets, installation on site and development of software.
The old automation was based on a simple system with a dedicated temperature controller.
The new automation, designed by our engineers, is based on a Siemens 1512SP F-1 PN PLC, KTP700 Basic HMI. To limit the temperature to a safety level, dedicated safety modules from Martens were used. The safety software is integrated in the PLC. The working temperature is 230°C.
The following stages of development have been completed:
- Execution of electrical panels
- Software development
- Concept presentation on Teams to the client
- Modifications according to its requirements
- Disassembly of the old panel
- Mounting the new panel
- I/O check
- Starting equipment and testing safety functions (shutdown tests)
- Starting burner
- Calibration depending on the setting until the desired parameters are obtained
- Testing with the quality department from the client
- Introduction to production